Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Introduction

The Great South Run is in it's 20th episode and although it hasn't been going as long as the Great North run it is still a major event on the racing circuit. I took the opportunity to head down to Portsmouth to witness some of the worlds best athletes competing against each other with a magnificent backdrop of the coast line. I was rewarded for my decision as I was able to witness the breaking of a record that had stood for 15 years. Joseph Ebuya broke the British record for 10 miles by a staggering 40 seconds, a record unlikely to be broken for years to come. My original idea for this project was to head up to St Catherine's hill on the outskirts of Winchester and capture a day in the life of the historic city from a far, but my reason for changing to the Great South Run was that I wanted to Challenge myself more with the hustle and bustle of the Great South Run, to capture action shots of an amazing event. Considering it is a prestigious sporting event as well as a major fundraiser on the charity circuit and with over 23,000 runners participating I thought what better event to catalog a day in the life of...

No comments:

Post a Comment